So, it seems like this blog has gotten a teeny bit massively neglected, since maybe 2018 or so. I've been SO busy. Anyhoo, here's something I posted on Facebook today after only a 10 month disappearance from that platform.
Zuck’s metadata on me is getting stale, so here we go…
Cajun-blackened hard boiled eggs! Amazing in salads. I think I invented these, but there are like 7+ billion people, so the chances are probably low that I was the first. But only about 6 billion of them have Instant Pots, so maybe...
Anyway, here’s what you do:
- Hard boil some eggs. This is not rocket surgery. 7 minutes on high in an Instant Pot, quick release, 10 minutes in icy water to shock them so they are easy to peel.
- Spray the peeled eggs with olive oil
- Roll them around in Cajunesque spices of your choosing.
- Put them in a frying pan on high.
- Harass them with a spatula for a couple of minutes.
- Make a salad. (I’m not explaining that. It’s on the Internet.)
- Slice an egg or two and put them on the salad.
- I like balsamic vinaigrette, but you do you.